As summer comes to an end, in the upcoming days you may experience one or all of the following:
- Frequent back to school nightmares
- Frequent spells of feeling overwhelmed by a growing list of things to do
- Frequent urges to buy school supplies everyday
- Frequent checking your classroom roster on PowerSchool to count how many students you have then texting fellow teachers throughout the district to compare numbers
- Frequently staring at your teacherspayteachers/Pinterest cart trying to delete items only to add a few more
STAY CALM! This is perfectly normal!
Here are some quotes from the book, No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work by Jon Gordon that will hopefully help you stay positive this school year.
- “Trust in the bigger plan”
- “Find strength in adversity”
- “Failure today leads to success tomorrow”
- “Positive or Negative. The choice is ours”
- “Obstacles and struggles are part of life and only serve to make us appreciate our success”
- “If everything came easy, we wouldn’t know what it felt like to truly succeed”
I hope this school year is your least stressful and most productive.