AFT Connecticut’s annual Legislative Conference will be held on March 3, 2018 at the Legislative Office Building, Hartford.
Please join us to learn more about the legislative process and the issues that will be effecting us this session.
Our state federation’s annual conference features planning and discussion of key public policy issues that AFT Connecticut and our affiliated unions will pursue in the General Assembly’s 2017 legislative session.
Registration begins at 8:30AM — conference is scheduled to begin at 9:00AM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman;
- Comptroller Kevin Lembo;
- Attorney General George Jepsen;
- Senate President Pro Tempore Martin Looney;
- Six leaders of the House Democratic Caucus;
- AFT Research and Strategic Initiatives Manager Ed Muir;
- CT Voices for Children Associate Policy Fellow Ray Noonan & Communications Director Roger Senserrich; &
- Working Families Party Executive Director Lindsay Farrell;
Issue areas to be addressed (final agenda linked below):
- Progressive Agenda and Why It’s Important;
State Employee, Teacher, and Municipal Pensions;
- What to Expect This Legislative Session;
- How the National Dialogue Will Impact Connecticut?;
- State Budget and Process; &
- Constituent Group Break-Outs:
- Education; &
- State Employees.
Click here to RSVP to attend.
Note: conference will be canceled in event of inclement weather – check back for any announcements to be posted here.
Legislative Office Building
300 Capitol Avenue