Have you heard? We’re doing something different this year at AFT TEACH 2017. We’re offering rich, two- and four-hour boot camp sessions that will give you time to dig deeper and develop tools to take home to use in your school. Also, attendees this year will select their sessions in advance. Here are the topics the boot camps will cover:
- Advocating for Public Education
- Content-Based Classroom Tools
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Professional Practices
- Racial Equity, Social Justice, and Educational Justice
- Safe and Welcoming Schools
- The Teaching Profession
Here’s a preview of the sessions specific to content-based classroom tools:
- English Language Learners 101: What Works?
- How Diverse Thinking Creates Powerful Learning in Mathematics
- How to Spot Fake News and Train Students to Be Educated News Consumers
- Using Children’s Books to Develop Social and Emotional Learning
- Writing Instruction Done Write
We hope to see you this summer at the TEACH conference, July 20-22, in Washington, D.C.! Visit www.aft.org/teach for more details and to register! Early bird registration ends June 1!
Your AFT TEACH Team