Several specific events have been scheduled during next week’s legislative hearing on state lawmakers’ attempts to strip union members of our collective bargaining rights. One of the most important is a rally at 5:00PM — join us to help demonstrate that attacks on public employees are attacks on a voice for all working people:
- WHEN: Friday, March 24, beginning at 10:00AM:
- 10:30 – 11:30AM: public hearing testimony, meeting legislators;
- 11:30AM: D.U.E. Justice Coalition press conference;
- 12:00 – 4:30PM: public hearing testimony, meeting legislators;
- 5:00PM: public service employees rally (outside, at Minuteman Park); &
- 5:30 – Late Evening: public hearing testimony, meeting legislators.
- WHERE: The Legislative Office Building (LOB), located next to the State Capitol in Hartford at 300 Capitol Avenue (contact your local union leadership for possible bus transportation).
- HOW: Click here to sign-up to participate in one or more of the actions.
We hope to see you at the LOB next Friday — be sure to wear your AFT tee-shirt to show you’re “all in” to protect Connecticut’s quality of life for all our communities.
More to come, and in solidarity,
Secretary-Treasurer, AFT Connecticut
First Vice President, AFT Connecticut
John Brady, RN
Executive Vice President, AFT Connecticut
President, AFT Connecticut