2015 Legislative Issues Conference
Saturday 02/21/2015 – 8:30am – 2:00pm
Annual conference that features planning and discussion of key public policy issues AFT Connecticut and affiliated unions are pursuing in the General Assembly’s 2015 legislative session.
Registration begins at 8:30AM — conference is scheduled to begin at 9:00AM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Labor’s Legislative Agenda: Lori Pelletier, Executive Secretary Treasurer, Connecticut AFL-CIO
- Education Rundown: Co-Chairs of the Education Committee
- Legislative Testimony 101: Learn about the public hearing process and how to write effective legislative testimony
- Connecticut Budget Process: Sen. Beth Bye, Chair of the Appropriations Committee
- Recruiting and Running Candidates to Serve on Town Committees
Invited speakers include Gov. Dannel Malloy, Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman, and House and Senate Leadership.
Free parking available in the Legislative Office Building (LOB) parking garage.
Click here for a brief video on what to expect from the event that you can share with union colleagues.
Click here to register to attend — participation is limited to dues-paying members of AFT Connecticut affiliated unions.
Room 1D, Legislative Office Building
300 Capitol Ave.